April 08, 2008

An Awesome Basketball Game

As much as it chokes me as it comes out of my gut, I have to tell the Kansas Jayhawks congratulations on their national championship last night in the NCAA Basketball Tournament. As a Missouri fan it is particularly difficult to tell the low life from Lawrence nice job.

But, they pulled it out in the clutch. Granted Memphis couldn't hit a free throw to save itself, but KU hit the shots it had too. The nothing but net three point shot with two second left by Mario Chalmers was a dagger to the heart of the Tigers. I knew at that point, Memphis would be toast in OT. And Kansas did just that dismantling a beaten Memphis ball club.

I read some of the East Coast writers articles this morning on the Internet and have to disagree with the assessment of a Memphis choke. Memphis did hit a few shots, but KU just kept coming after them every time down the floor. It is the best NCAA championship game I have ever seen and is among the best I have ever seen at any level. So...um...uhum, congrats KU.

No comments: