May 31, 2008

My "Project" Is Complete

The project I have been working on is complete. Actually, it wasn’t so much a project as the chance to get away from work for a week. I spent it in one of my favorite destinations...Las Vegas.

I was ready for it. I had burnt out in my job and little things were becoming big things. I knew I was ready for some time off about a month ago but I was too stubborn to take a day of vacation. I guess the thing that told me I needed to get away was snapping at my boss not once but twice. Fortunately for me (I hope) was that he just took it in stride and let it roll off his back. Are things at work that bad? No not really. It was just after going five months with only one day off I was letting fools get to me and I was sinking to their level. This included both customers and co-workers.

So, the trip was a success for me both mentally and in a monetary way. I got lucky playing Black Jack in four lengthy sessions and only lost part of it back betting on sports teams.

Perhaps the highlight of the trip was going to Zion National Park. It is about 160 miles northeast of Las Vegas in Utah. I had heard it was spectacular and it lived up my expectations. It is comprised of sheer cliffs that go straight up from the floor of the canyons for over five thousand feet. And the vistas are breath taking. There is an area that impressed me more than any of the others named The Big Bend. If you’ve ever seen the movie The Electric Horseman part of it was filmed there.



So, that’s why I haven’t written much lately. I will share more when I have additional time. I will also have more for you on a post I did earlier this month titled “Trouble at a local radio station”.

No comments: