March 02, 2010

Vancouver Job Well Done!

Did you watch the just completed Olympics from Vancouver these past two weeks? I ended up watching more than I thought I would. I think what attracted me to the competitions was the ongoing story lines that created drama right up to the closing ceremonies. The US - Canada Gold Medal Hockey game is one of the most exciting sporting events I have ever seen. The NHL could learn a lesson from the Olympics.

I enjoyed the curling competitions too, especially the women. What other sport combines hot women and cold ice! It looks like a fun game to play, but my guess is most of the games are played outside of bars where ice occurs naturally. Kind of like we play softball in the states. (Not outside of icy bars, but with lots of beer).

The games also portrayed courage by athletes who were competing under tremendous adversity. I was particularly pleased to see the Canadian figure skater win the Bronze Medal on the same day her mother passed away. She was the epitome of grace and courage.

So, to you Vancouver, Congratulations on an outstanding Winter Olympic Games.

No comments: