January 03, 2013

I Would Go Broke


Good thing I don't pick college football games for a living.  Yesterday I was critical of the University of Louisville football team and compared them to Northern Illinois.  Man, was that a mistake.

Louisville dominated Florida last night in the Sugar Bowl and upset the SEC power 33-23.  In looking back I should have been more careful.  The Gators had been feckless on offense against lesser teams for the past four weeks of the season.  One of those games was against my beloved Mizzou Tigers.  Missouri had a chance to tie the game on the final play of that game 14-14, only to have a pass sail just over the head of an open receiver.

So, to all of the Louisville Cardinals fans I may have offended, my congratulations to you and your team on a nice win and a good season.

No comments: