November 18, 2013

Did I Sleep for a Month?

I'm driving to work this morning and using the seek button on my car radio looking for something besides commercials.  Guess, what I hear as the radio settles on 102.5?  I hear Christmas music, yes Christmas music.  I think gee is this November 18th or December 18th?  And to top it off this station's announcer declares it is the "official" Christmas station.  I thought yeah, and you are the only Christmas station here.

Not wanting to listen to Christmas Carols in mid-November, I hit the see button again and what happens you ask?  The radio stops on 103.3 and this station is also playing CHRISTMAS MUSIC.  Seriously I think to myself...two radio stations right next to each other on the dial playing Christmas music two weeks before Thanksgiving.  Not to be outdone, the second radio station calls itself "Your Christmas Station".  


I love Christmas and everything that goes with it.  But, let's wait until December before we start broadcasting 24/7 Christmas Music.

No comments: