January 03, 2017

Happy New Year...Even If it's a Few Days Late

I am writing this on January 3rd because frankly I was too busy to write it on January first.  I didn't see the New Year in and fell asleep in front of this computer, where I am writing now, about 11 p.m. on New Year's Eve.

I have enjoyed the New Year thus far because I have not yet gone back to work.  That will happen tomorrow and may I say with tongue firmly planted in cheek I can hardly wait to get back to the office and working with a bunch of "unique" individuals.

I guess the most fun I have had in the first three days of 2017 was watching the St. Louis Blues beat up on the Chicago Blackhawks in the NHL's "Winter Classic" played yesterday at Busch Stadium. The Hawks scored first, but the Blues came back with four unanswered goals to win the game 4-1.  I didn't score tickets to the game but enjoyed it with family and friends in front of my television.  The Blues were the better team yesterday, but the Blackhawks are still ahead of the Blues in the division standings.

I also took joy in watching my newly adopted Green Bay Packers beat up on the Detroit Lions on New Year's night.  I will write when I get some time about what the Packers front office did for me this past summer so that they are now my favorite NFL team since the Rams bolted St. Louis for Los Angeles.  And let me thank my friends L&J for a great day watching NFL Sunday Ticket while feeding me dinner.  You guys rock!

One thing about being on vacation is the chance to stay up late each night and to sleep in each morning.  I have enjoyed a number of fine craft beers in the past two weeks, some that have made me sleep like a baby.  But, now it is time to return to reality.  So, with reality in mind let me wish you a Happy and Healthy 2017!  May it be your best year yet and may you find it happy, health and prosperous!  Happy New Year and "Go Pack Go"!

No comments: