February 25, 2018

And Like That...The Games are Over

The two weeks since I posted about the opening ceremonies of the Pyengchong games went by in a heartbeat.  I watched much more than I care to admit, because, well they are the Olympic games and there really wasn't much more on the telly during this fortnight.

As I write this I'm watching the closing ceremonies and the Chinese promotion for the 2022 games from Beijing.

These games have been entertaining and the South Koreans have been great hosts.  At this point in time I am ready to move on and get back to normal, but for the next few days I will miss seeing the 23rd Olympic games from Pyeongchang on my television 12 hours a day.  I know it sounds somewhat sarcastic but I really will miss the athleticism and competition.

So long Soohorang, you were a wonderful host.


It's been fun, so let's do this again in 2022 in Beijing.  It will be here before we know it!


No comments: