October 19, 2020

The 2020 World Series*

Major League Baseball can call whatever this postseason experiment is whatever it wishes.  But this is not the World Series.  Thus, anything associated with the 2020 MLB post season should have an asterisk placed next to it. Perhaps, instead of giving the winner of this series of games a World Series trophy they should receive a COVID - 19 trophy shaped like an image of the virus.

The entire season has been a joke and made a mockery of the game known as "America's Past-time."  The reason MLB is selling this farce as the World Series is so it gets paid hundreds of millions of dollars from its TV partners headed by Fox Sports.

Personally, I don't have a dog in the fight, but am not a fan of the Dodgers so by default I'm pulling just slightly for the Tampa Bay Rays.  And I hope the series ends quickly so this farce leaves the stage of the sports world to more legitimate games and competitions.

I won't have much to say about the games outside of writing about them the same way I have the past two years.  I will be keeping track of the time of the games since they are very long and frequently become incredibly boring.  Based on the last two seasons my guess is the average length of game for this series will be about three hours and 25 minutes.  Time will tell.  Check back here after each game for an update.


No comments: