March 31, 2021

A Quick Update on Covid-19 Vaccination

 

I finally got my first COVID-19 vaccine.  But, in order to do so I had to drive half way across the state to get it.  The event I went to was well run by the National Guard and the professionals doing the injections were kind and compassionate.  I am scheduled to get the second one on April 2nd at the same place.

I don't mean to sound like an ingrate, but in order to get both shots I will end up driving roughly 500 miles (2 round trips per injection) and burn up a tank and a half of gasoline.  And if you haven't noticed, the price of gasoline has gone up sharply in the past several weeks.

Still, I am thankful to see light at the end of the tunnel.  I am told it will take two weeks after the second injection before I am fully covered against the coronavirus.  I am ready to get on with my life.

No comments: