September 02, 2005

Help for the victims

I am having a problem with not being able to do more to help out the victims of Katrina. I have made monetary donations to the Salvation Army. I personally believe they are the most responsible agency working in the damaged gulf coast region. I also believe the American Red Cross and United Way are bloated with large management salaries and that they are more interested in preserving their management's life styles over helping poor people. For just $100 you can feed a family of four for two days, buy several cases of bottled water and provide them with a home clean up kit. To contribute to the Salvation Army click this link.

Like I said I have given money, but I keep seeing pictures of these homeless refugees on the news and think I should be doing more. If you have any ideas on what you and others are doing to help out besides giving money let me know.

No comments: