January 03, 2006

Back to Reality

Happy New Year to you! It was a fine New Years. Nothing crazy. In fact I heard the New Year come in while dozing off when some neighbors shot off fireworks. And then for the first time in years I went to church on New Years morning at eight in the morning on top of it. In the afternoon J&L P and I got together at their house to watch football. Oh yeah, they have the NFL Sunday ticket so I was in hog heaven. I could get real addicted to it. But, that will have to wait until next season now. L cooked up a big old pot of vegetable beef soup and it was awesome! I had three cups of it and then chased it with a sandwich. She can really cook!

The second was bowl game day, so after taking down the exterior lights and working on my car, I watched a lot of football.

And today it was back to reality. I had to go into work again after 17 days off. What a bummer. But, then after all of last months departmental layoffs it was good to be able to go to work. And I also started my weight reduction plan today. No beer for a couple of weeks, a daily workout or walking and very small food portions. And lots of water. It has worked in the past when I have lost in excess of 40 pounds and another time when I shed over 35 pounds. It will work again too (or I will have to go out and buy new clothes). And that aint going to happen. So stay tuned and I will let you know how it is going.