February 16, 2006

...tomorrow is another day

It's been a horrible day. First of all I get to work this a.m. and one of our minority employees cops an attitude. She sends me and two coworkers a smart ass email. I choose to ignore it. Then her friend, another minority employee who is actually racist in her attitude, sends out another email blaming everyone but herself for not telling her what time to come to work and blames the boss for not communicating with her the first minority and another. I decide to ignore it to and let the boss worry about it. He responds by sending an email to everyone saying we are going to have a team meeting to discuss the problems. Aaargh! The problem is the minority employees don't want to come to work on time and he needs to solve it.

Ok...so I move on. About three this afternoon a thunderstorm rolls over and the skies drop hail on our building like you have never seen. I go outside at quitting time to the parking lot and my car is now pocked by numerous dimples laid in it by the hail. Every car in the lot is damaged. Aaaargh!

So, I decide to stop by a family members on the way home. I tell her about my day and she decides to change the subject and talk about some inane thing totally off the topic. We get along fine for a while. She then makes a statement that is wrong and I correct her and tell her what really happened as I remember it. She gets pissed that I corrected her and starts this crap about you ought to show more respect. I told her where I was coming from but decide it is best to leave. Just another brick in the wall.

Finally, as I start my car I cant get the headlights to turn on. I tried everything I know and end up driving with my foglights. That wont do, so I put on the highbeams and make it home. Fortunately I didn't have anyone flip their lights at me. I guess they thought I was a SUV and just ignored the high beams.

I am done with dinner and going to bed. As Scarlett said..."tomorrow is another day". I can hardly wait to drive to work at daybreak with my fog lights.