September 23, 2006

Boycott Office Max

Office Max this week sent some of it's customers a flyer for an unadvertised sale. Included in this sale was a 17 inch flat panel monitor for $99.99. It started yesterday morning and was supposed to run through today.

I got off of work last night after working OT and stopped (in the rain) at the store closest to my home. When I was greeted I showed the clerk the ad and said I would like to buy it. He responded by laughing and saying..."You and a half million other people". I thought it was a rude response and walked out of the store without saying a word while he blathered on like an idiot about some limited supply...yada yada yada.

OK Office Max you don't have to sell the monitor at that low price to more than a few people, but don't send it out to "half a million" people, if you don't have the product to honor it. Oh and if you don't want to sell me what you advertise than I will certainly not do any more business with you and will also let all of my friends and families know how you conduct business. I hope you go bankrupt.