November 05, 2006

Trouble in River City

Things at work are getting worse. Our team lead got demoted this past week and an Indian national has become our lead. Bad enough in itself but in team politics I am now on the "wrong" side. That and the previous statement by S that she would never want to be a lead because of the politics.

So what does this mean to me? Probably more work with less communication, direction and support. Those were the reasons our existing lead got demoted because CJ failed to achieve any of those goals. But S has never had time for any of these in working with others previously. She is brilliant but not very patient and not willing to share her knowledge.

I have to get out of this position before I have a meltdown. I have started looking around with some seriousness and have decided it is time to make a move, even though the company I work for has a very good benefit package.

Ideally, I would start working for myself and build my side business up quickly. But, that is not yet a viable option. So, I will keep my mouth shut, put up with the arrogance and laziness of others and keep taking the paycheck every week.