February 26, 2007

The Academy Can Kiss My Butt

I started watching the Oscars last night and all of a sudden who pops up on stage. Why none other than that old political hack, Al Gore. Well, I didn't give it much thought at first, but when the rejected presidential candidate turned up on stage a second time, I decided it was enough.

I know that Hollywood has a big time liberal bent, but to parade this liberal loser out to an audience in the hundreds of millions was ridiculous. I talked to people at work today who felt the same way as I did. Gore had no business being paraded out at an awards ceremony. (Even though his controversial tome on global warming won an award, Gore had little to do with the actual movie production). The second time his mug came up on screen and he started a faux announcement about running for president I turned the channel. Sorry Academy awards, but I don't have to watch your crap unless I wish to do so.

Also last night I saw Bill O'Reilly on "60 Minutes". One of the finest bits of television I have seen in quite some time is when O'Reilly called out Al Franken and told him to "Shut Up". I don't think Franken knew whether to crap or go blind. Franken is a..pardon the description.."Big Fat Idiot".