September 26, 2007

New Fall Televison Season

I don't watch very much TV but as I have written in the past I have my favorites. And I've seen a few this fall that look interesting.

The first I saw is named "Back to You". It's a little predictable but the acting is first rate and I watched it a second time this evening.

I haven't watched it yet, because I have been Tivoing it, but I am looking forward to watching the new Ken Burns series called "The War" airing this week on PBS. I will sit down when it is all said and done and try to watch it in several marathon sessions.

I have also watched the season premiers of "The Simpsons", "King of the Hill", "How I Met Your Mother" and "Two and a Half Men".

The Simpsons was hilarious and the new opening was outstanding with it's reference to the Simpson's summer movie. King of the Hill continues along providing a number of laughs while spoofing society. How I Met your Mother was as funny as it's first two seasons, but it gets a little raunchy at times. And finally, Two and a Half Men's season premiere was a little disappointing. Sure, there were some funny scenes but at times it's dependence on double entendres gets old. Still it is one of the best written programs on television.

I will update you on the other programs I follow; "My Name is Earl", "The Office", "ER" and "Saturday Night Live", after I have the chance to view them.

No comments: