September 10, 2007

Home again from the Desert

I have completed the final phase of my company's project out in Phoenix and it feels good to be home again and to sleep in my own bed and eat in my dining room.

The eight days in the desert went quickly, but whenever you travel there are annoyances. Overall it was an excellent trip. My regional manager made things easy and that made the whole trip easy. I had my fill of Mexican food and most of it was good. I also had new experiences in Indian cuisine and thanks to V for helping us out with the menu and then picking up the tab.

I think the biggest frustration of the eight days was waiting on US Air to get it's Airbus off the ground on Thursday night at Sky Harbor Airport. A flight it had come in from Las Vegas was late, so they held our flight to get the passengers on our plane. That resulted in us missing our slot and having to wait another 35 minutes to take off. That in turn put us back home 35 minutes later. But, I guess I shouldn't complain about air travel since it is the fastest way to get from point A to point B. If I were driving I would still be on the highway.

Overall the project was good and productive and I am back home in my office working in familiar surroundings and people I know and whom I can trust. Now, I just need to catch up on my sleep.

No comments: