February 06, 2008

Pathetic Postal Service

In the past year the Post Office has managed to screw up my deliveries by not putting the mail in the box and closing the lid. The problem is when it rains or snows it ruins the mail.

It happened again today and I am not a happy camper. I decided to write the following email to my congressman and two US Senators. I doubt anything will happen to resolve the issue but for the record here is the message.

"I am thoroughly disgusted with the US Postal Service. Frequently I arrive home in the evening to find the mail tossed carelessly into the box and the lid not pulled shut. Today I arrived home and discovered the same scenario. But, today it rained and snowed and the mail was wet. One large item was left sticking out of the box. That particular item included merchandise that was also wet when I opened the packaging.

Normally, I wouldn't bring this to your attention but I have asked the Post Office three separate times in the past 12 months to make sure the mail is deposited securely in the box and the lid pulled shut. The first time I contacted the USPS at it's 800 number and was told this wouldn’t happen again. The second time I called the local post office and spoke to a clerk who "guaranteed" me it wouldn't happen again. And the third time I spoke to the mail carrier and asked him to make sure the mail was put in the box completely. He assured me he would do that. I have put up a larger than standard mailbox my home at the request of the first person I spoke to on the phone but it still has not solved the problem.

I don’t know what else to do to solve this problem, and I am asking for your assistance if possible. I appreciate your taking the time to read this and if you wish to contact me please feel free to do so.

Sincerely,


I will let you know what my elected officials have to say when and if I receive their replies.

No comments: