July 05, 2008

The Joy of Summer Vacation

I have been on vacation for most of this week and it it sure beats the you know what out of getting up to an alarm clock and fighting traffic everyday just to get to the office.

I have had the chance to do some of my favorite things...play golf, hang out with friends and family and drink good beer.

In the past seven days I have played golf three times, been to a wedding, the reception that followed; a birthday party; an anniversary party and been out to dinner four times.

Congrats to G&H my neighbors on 50 years of marriage together. You are among the most hospitable and generous couples I know.

Happy Birthday to two year old L and his five year old sister I. Thanks to their Mom and Dad S&J for a great birthday party and get together for the family.

Congratulations to E&B on their wedding day today. I have known B since he was born and have come to meet and know E a little bit in the past couple of years. They will do very well together.

And thanks to all of my neighbors and golf buddies who have learned to put up with my poorly struck tee and iron shots. I love to play and to be outside but as I have probably told you before I am a terrible golfer. But, as poor as my game is I still love the game itself!

No comments: