April 02, 2009

Late Thoughts on the NCAA tournament

It's taken about a week for me to get past my Missouri Tigers' loss to UConn last Saturday afternoon. I really thought the Tigers would win, but ultimately UConn was the better team that particular day. But, still it hurt to see such a fun season come to a close. I miss seeing them running up and down the floor striking fear in the eyes of their opponent. Mizzou truly was this season "The Fastest 40 Minutes in Basketball".

Having time to think about it now, I have to say this team far exceeded my expectations. After Illinois beat the tar out of Mizzou at Christmas time, I figured this was just another team of mediocre selfish players. But, they fooled me and they improved every game as the season went on.

As it turns out this is the best Mizzou team of all time. They won 31 games and made it to the Championship game of the West regional. So my hat's off to coach Mike Anderson and the Tigers.

M-I-Z Z-O-U!!!

No comments: