January 02, 2010

Happy New Year!

We are two days into the new decade as I write but here's hoping that you and yours have a healthy, peaceful and prosperous New Year!

God knows 2009 was not among the best I have experienced. And I am not sorry to see it go. But, as this year begins I am mildly optimistic that it will be a good one.

Hopefully, the US congress will get it's collective head out of it's rear end and pass a meaningful piece of legislation to reform health care. As I see it now the current piece of garbage being looked at by a House - Senate negotiating committee needs to be taken out with the trash before the lawmakers return to DC.

I have not been able to read it all, but from what I see it is poorly written, laden with pork and fat, and really doesn't solve much of anything. As a friend of mine put it..."the bill was written by special interest lobbyists, and put together by congressional staff members. The members of each chamber have no clue what is in it and they will not have to live with it since they have their own health care plan". But, for the rest of us, let's hope Congress and the President come to their senses.

No comments: