February 25, 2012

Thoughts on Mizzou - Kansas

So, the Tigers blew a 19 point lead this afternoon and ended up losing to Kansas in overtime. Is there anyone else more disappointed than me? I doubt it. For the record Kansas beat Missouri this afternoon 87-86.

The Tigers certainly had their chances, but ultimately Kansas won. Now, I don't think the game was very well officiated but still Mizzou blew a 19 point lead. On Kansas' final possession they drew a foul, that I and apparently no one else saw. But, KU hit it's free throws and Mizzou was late in shooting what would have been the game winning shot by about a second.

I'm still proud of my beloved Tigers. Hopefully they will pay the Jayhawks back in two weeks when the Big 12 holds it's conference tournament. With the loss today the Tigers fall to 25-4 and 12-4 in conference. Up next it's Iowa State on Leap Day. M-I-Z!

No comments: