March 22, 2012

Thoughts on the Tournament

It's taken almost a week but I'm finally past the Missouri Tigers horrible loss last Friday afternoon to Norfolk State. If you live in a cave and don't have Internet access, the second seeded Tigers were beaten by the 15 seed Spartans 86-84 in the NCAA We

Mizzou was lucky to lose by only two points. Norfolk State out shot, out rebounded, out hustled and out muscled Missouri. Norfolk State took a page from Kansas State's book and got physical with the Tigers. K-State beat Missouri twice during the regular season, won both times and pushed Mizzou around. (I have to say I was surprised Norfolk didn't have a better showing against Florida on Sunday. The Gators beat the Spartans by 30).

If you had told me at the start of the season the Tigers would make the tournament I would have been ecstatic. They far exceed my pre-season expectations. But, when it came to the Big Dance they fell short of mine and a lot of other Missouri fans expectations.

No comments: