April 01, 2012

In Praise of Good Beer - Part I don't know

I had a free night, so I headed down to iTap in Soulard. What caught my attention you ask? How about a nice IPA from 2nd Shift called El Gato Grande. Steve Crider sure can brew it. But, the girls tending bar were having issues with the keg so I switched over to another IPA. My server Emily recommended Odells Double IPA. It's name...Mercenary Double IPA. My was it good.


I had to get home and had time for one more, so I asked Emily for a recommendation of a really big beer. She knows her stuff and she knows me. Emily took about a half a second and said "how about a Boulevard Rye on Rye.



I have to tell you...it was amazing. Of course, it was sweet, but anytime you drink anything over liquor barrels you know it will be. But, Boulevard has done a really nice job with this. I can't wait to taste it again. And thank you Emily for a really great beer!

No comments: