April 08, 2012

A Great Visit to Perennial Ales

I had some free time last night so I took a trip to one of my favorite craft breweries in Saint Louis; Perennial Artisan Ales. Brew master Phil Wymore who sure can brew it, had two new selections on his menu.

The first I tried was his IPA#2. It's a Belgium Style IPA and is tasty. It's labelled #2 because the first IPA created by Perennial was created by brewer Corey King. It is a traditional English IPA and very good. Personally I prefer the English style to the Belgium style, but IPA#2 is something I could drink regularly.

The second beer I had was Barrel Aged Mint Stout. It's like drinking a glass of the Girl Scout's thin mint cookie. And to top it off it's aged in what the brewery website calls Rittenhouse Rye barrels. I only had one because it is over nine percent Alcohol by Volume. Oh my was it fine! Perennial keep up the good work!

No comments: