January 05, 2014

Mizzou Wins Cotton Bowl

My late Dad took me to my first Missouri Tiger football game in 1969.  I have been hooked ever since.  Over these past 45 years I have seen a lot of bad football and bizarre events, such as the 5th down game against Colorado in the early 1990s.

But Friday night my Tigers beat Oklahoma State 41-31 in the Cotton Bowl.  I have never been more proud to be a Tigers fan.

I was nervous as could be as Oklahoma State was driving down the field late in the 4th quarter towards a touchdown that would have given them the lead.  Instead Mizzou unanimous All-American Michael Sam stepped up and forced a fumble that was recovered by his teammate Shane Ray.  Ray took it 75 yards for a touchdown that sealed the victory.  With the win the Tigers end the season at 12-2.

How 'bout them Tigers!  M-I-Z!

No comments: