July 19, 2014

Post Season Baseball Projections

As you may know I watch a lot of baseball.  (I particularly like DirecTV this weekend because its opened up MLB Extra Innings for free viewing).

Granted it's just the middle of July but based on what I've seen, my picks to win each league are the Oakland A's and the Los Angeles Dodgers. This would be a repeat of the 19741988 World Series.  The A's won in '74 and the Dodgers in '88.

The Western Divisions of both leagues are the toughest in baseball.  I see the Dodgers beating the San Francisco Giants in the NLCS and the A's beating the Anaheim Angels in the ALCS.  I just heard the announcer on Fox Sports 1 say if these four teams make the playoffs it would be the first time four teams from California ever made the playoffs in the same season.

And my pick to win it all is: the Oakland A's.  Oakland can do it all.  They have pitching, defense and hitting.

But, thank God there are still two plus months of baseball left to enjoy in the regular season.

No comments: