February 17, 2015

Brrr...

If you've read this Blog at all you know how much I dislike Winter.  To paraphrase the old standard, (sung to the tune of "I Love Paris"), "I hate Missouri in the Winter, I hate winter in St. Lou, I hate winter all the winter, oh this winter, I hate winter why don't you".

We dodged a bullet yesterday but I still got a snow day, when my employer shut down for the latest version of "Snowmageddon".  That is the term one of the local TV stations actually used on its' forecast Sunday night.  Snowmageddon turned out to be a whopping three inches.  Yesterday I enjoyed the day off and never left the house all day even though my driveway needs shovelling.  And I probably should have done it while it was relatively warm.  The forecast now calls for the temperature to be below freezing from now until next Thursday, except for several hours this Saturday.  Still, I'm not complaining since it has been a relatively mild Winter to this point.

My driveway will remain covered with snow for this period.  Since, the good Lord put it there who am I to move it  until the good Lord melts it.

No comments: