July 21, 2020

The World's Second Worst Customer Service


Now that you've read the headline you're wondering who has the second worst customer service I have ever experienced.  It's Macy's.com.

I now understand why the company is dying a slow death.  I called the company's customer service number this morning on behalf of my mother who has a hard time hearing voices on the phone.  She ordered some face cream she likes from Macy's on July 1st.  As of today, the package is in never, never land.  It shipped by UPS and as of July 7th there have been no status update in two weeks.  So, I attempted to call UPS and the first thing it says is, if you are having any problems with your package delivery call the shipper.

The shipper is Macy's.  I found an 800 number Macy's has on its website, that the company urges you to call if you don't have the product you have ordered and for which Macy's has already been paid.

I called the customer service department at 12:10 p.m. this afternoon.  At 1:50 I hung up because after one hour and 40 minutes no one had picked up my call.  All I heard repeatedly was to please stay on the line and the next available customer service rep would be with me.  Apparently, Macy's has so few customer service reps it can't keep up with the calls its getting.  I understand waiting my turn for 10 or even 15 minutes.  But, an hour and 40 minutes?  Macy's that is an EPIC FAIL.

I thought, I would give the retailer the benefit of a doubt and called back again just before 4 p.m. and was greeted with the message from Macy's the wait time would be at least 60 minutes.  My response was to hang up as fast as I could.

Macy's I will never do business with you and encourage my family, friends and readers to never do business with you either.  Hopefully, you will just go out of business and stop wasting people's time and money.

And now that you know who the second worst company is you probably want to know who the worst is.  It's an easy answer because there is no one close to them.  The worst company for customer service is Charter / Spectrum.  I'll have more on that screwed up organization in the coming days.

No comments: