October 28, 2022

2022 World Series

Baseball's popularity at the major league level continues to wane due to the lack of action it provides to its patrons.  And the 2022 post-season is no different.  This year the rocket scientists that manage Major League Baseball expanded the playoffs to permit two more mediocre teams into the post season tournament.

That hasn't worked out very well for the suits in New York as a team that has no business playing this post season, the Philadelphia Phillies, is now in the World Series.  And the best team in the National League, the Los Angeles Dodgers, is home for the winter doing whatever millionaire baseball players do in the winter in Southern California.

I won't be watching any of the games from start to finish because I don't care to invest four hours in a game.  Then multiply that by up to seven depending on the number of games that are played.  No thanks.  I have a life and if Major League Baseball (MLB) really wanted me to watch, the games would start about 4 p.m. where I live in the central time zone.  But, baseball has to show them in primetime for the FOX TV network, which has literally millions of dollars wrapped up in rights payments to Major League Baseball.

If you want to know my take on this year's matchup you can read this post from earlier this evening.  I won't have much to say about the individual games outside of writing about them the same way I have the past couple of years.  I will be keeping track of the time of the games since they are extremely long and frequently become incredibly boring.  Based on the last two seasons my guess is the average length of game for this series will be about three hours and 35 minutes.  Time will tell.  Check back here after each game for an update.


No comments: