December 10, 2005

Bunch of Thieves

I got my bill from Laclede Gas for November several days ago and all I can say is Aaaarrrgghh!

117 dollars is what these thieves want for the month of November when temperatures really weren't all that cold. I know that natural gas is more expensive because of production problems associated with Hurricane Katrina. But, 117 dollars for a half way warm month?

The gas company answers to the Missouri Public Service Commission (another bunch of morons) and has to get it's rates approved. But how can it be this high? I will call the gas company when I have an hour to kill because that's about how long it has taken in the past with their fine customer service representatives. I can see it now. By January I will get a bill asking me on one line how much money I have. And then on the next line it will say something like "... Please send it in". Aaaaaaaaaarrgghh!!!