December 10, 2006

This Blog is Worthless

Sometimes I think I should just delete everything I have posted here for the past year and a half and move onto something else. But, then I change my mind and feel the need to express myself with what should appear to be obvious to the rest of society. But, maybe isn't and is just my disgust with the local news media and stupid and rude people.

Since I last posted things have not gotten any better at work. In fact, they have gotten worse as I was chewed out by one of our executives for something that I was only partially responsible for completing. The guy is arrogant and earning the reputation of being a prick too. But, since he is very high on the corporate ladder you know who's going to win if push comes to shove. I have started searching the net for job opportunities, but at my age they really aren't there. I am only 53, but when a recruiter reads your resume, they can tell your age by what year you earned your first degree and your job history with previous employers. I know age discrimination is illegal, but there are numerous ways around it. And if a company can save 15 to 20k per year in salary they certainly will do so.

But, enough about poor old me. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas and I am not going to let work bring me down. I have just six more work days left in 2006, so maybe things aren't all that bad.