December 29, 2006

Tough Afternoon for the Tigers

I am bummed out tonight. My beloved Missouri Tigers lost to Oregon State this afternoon in the Sun Bowl. The Tigers led the game by 14 points with six minutes to go and didn't finish off the Beavers. The most stunning play of the day was Oregon State going for two points and making it with 17 seconds left. In effect, they delivered the knockout punch the Tigers couldn't.

The Tigers were up 38-24 and had the ball against a tired OSU team, but just didn't move the ball anymore the rest of the game. You have to give credit to Oregon State. They came through when they had to, and beat the Tigers.

Mizzou ends the season 8-5 and could conceivably have had two more wins. Aaaaargh!! Oh well, as I have been saying since 1970..."There's always next year".

Still I have to give coach Gary Pinkel and his staff credit for turning around an all but dead program. Hopefully, today's performance will help them recruit some of the better players out of Texas, where they seem to focus a lot of attention.

No one said it's easy being a Tiger fan. I have followed this team for 33 years and they have broken my heart more times than I can remember in both football and basketball. But, they will always be my favorite and I will continue to give them my money and loyalty. MIZ ZOU RAH!!!