January 02, 2007

Happy New Year

I hope you had a good and safe New Years Eve and Day. Mine was on the quiet side. In fact the highlight of the evening was watching the Packers and Bret Favre beat up on the Chicago Bears. Then watching Nevada nearly pull off the upset against the Miami Felons, er, Hurricanes. I was in bed by ten after midnight.

One of the highlights of New Year's Day was watching that Fiesta Bowl game. Wow!! It has to be one of the greatest football games, college or pro, I have ever seen. You have to hand it to the Boise State coaching staff; they have some balls. A couple of trick plays and a "Statue of Liberty" to win the game on a two point conversion. It was for lack of a better word..."awesome". And that's not to take anything away from Oklahoma which rallied back to take a lead with very little time left. As the old cliche goes..."It's too bad one of the teams had to lose because they both deserved to win". I think it will go down as one of the greatest ever played.

And then today it was back to work. It wasn't too bad, but I was thinking it's only 349 days until my next Christmas vacation. Let's see how tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that go, and well you get the idea.

Anyway, Happy New Year to you and yours and I hope it's your best ever and brings you happiness, health and wealth!