August 12, 2007

The Joy of Good Beer

As you know if you read this blog regularly I like my beer. I have written of some I have tasted in the past but these are a few I have tasted this summer (in no particular order) that I have really enjoyed.

Stone Mill Organic Pale Ale is a refreshingly good ale. And it has a nice hoppiness to it utilizing Cascade hops. It is brewed by Green Valley Brewing in Fairfield, Ca.

Boulevard Pale Ale is another very good ale. It doesn't have the overly hopped taste of some others I have had but it leaves you with a pleasant taste in your mouth as the last of this Carmel colored liquid goes over the back of the tongue. It is brewed by Boulevard Brewing in Kansas City, Mo.

Bully Porter This too is made by the fine folks at Boulevard. It has a malty flavor and what tastes to be a hint of chocolate at the back of the mouth.

Goose Island Honkers Ale and Goose Island IPA It really isn't fair to lump these two fine products together but for brevity I will. Goose Island does an outstanding job with each of them. The Honkers Ale has a nice bitter taste that goes down very smoothly. As far as the IPA it is outstanding. But, then again I have a weakness for IPAs. It has a very strong hoppiness to it but with a hint of fruit flavor. They are brewed by Goose Island in Chicago, Il.

Schlafly APA This is a stronger version of the brewer's Pale Ale and is dry hopped. It starts out with a nice bitter taste and then mixes in a malty flavor in the middle before leaving with a fine bitter aftertaste. It also has a citrus hint to it of either grapefruit or mango. Whatever it is I think this is one fine beer.

As you can see from reading above I like well hopped ales and the stronger the better. I have sampled many of these beverages this summer while visiting with my great neighbors H&G who have provided me with many fine beers. Thank you M family!

No comments: