November 25, 2007

Tigers Destroy Chickenhawks

The final score is not indicative of how much Missouri really dominated the game. My Missouri Tigers beat up on the Kansas Jayhawks last night at Arrowhead Stadium in KC 36-28. Chase Daniel led the Tiger attack that had KU down at one point 21-0. The Tigers defense also played well and put the point on the exclamation mark at the games end when it sacked KU's quarterback for a safety. The Tigers out gained the ugly little birds in rushing and passing. Chase Daniel was 40-49 and made big plays repeatedly to keep Mizzou drives alive.
I can go on and on but anyone who saw the game knows Missouri dominated the evening's proceedings.

I read all three of the media accounts in Kansas City, Columbia and St. Louis and the Columbia Tribune had far better coverage of the game then the KC Star or St. Louis Post. If you would like to read the Trib's coverage click here.

As a Tiger fan what makes the victory even sweeter is that not only are the Tigers going to be ranked number one in the nation and play in the Big XII Championship game next Saturday with a possible shot at the national title, but the Yellow beaks are not going to get to experience any of it. Poof...just like a puff of smoke. Their perfect season is gone.

Three years ago I sat in the cold mist at Faurot Field as a bunch of loudmouth chickenhawks chanted "This Is Our House" as their team beat the Tigers. It pissed me off then and I knew one day there would be a payback. Well last night was the payback and revenge is sweet. Live with the disappointment you little Kansas bitches.

2 comments:

Keriam said...

Stumbled onto your blog while searching "Midwest". Sports fan,writer,Hoosier hater. You've got all the makings of a real stud. Seriously you make me laugh. You're right go Missouri!!! I noticed on the news that now Mizzou is ranked #1 since there last game which I had to record off of ESPNU since someone in my house may or may not have deleted the scheduled recording then I have to hear some of the low down of the game before I could change the channel. I hate that crap. Any hoo just wanted to say like your blog and your taste in music.

Herb said...

Keriam thanks for taking the time to write down your thoughts. I appreciate it.

Also, I got to thinking I don't hate people from Indiana, just people that live like low lives without concern for the law or others. It's a word used in this area to describe a low life. I probably should have described them as losers or low lives instead.