January 27, 2008

A Nice New Beer....And It's Not an Ale

If you read this blog regularly you know I am a beer lover and a hop head on top of it. By definition that's someone who likes highly hopped Ales. Yesterday I was invited to a beer tasting at my favorite new liquor store named Paradise Valley Wine. They featured the offerings of O'Fallon Brewery in St. Charles County.

I have written about the company's Five Day IPA previously, but yesterday I sampled and bought the Smoked Porter. It is brewed with Bamberg malt. The malt is roasted and the result is a smooth rich Porter. I wish I had known it was available a month ago when I was smoking Turkey and Rolled Pork Loins. The beer can be paired with a number of foods. You know I just read that last sentence and it sounds a little pretentious. But, then again wine snobs have been doing it for years. So, I guess I have the right to do the same with my beer.

No comments: