October 12, 2008

Whooped by the Cowboys

I've written at length about my beloved Missouri Tigers. And you would be correct to say I have done my share of bragging on them. Well last night, they got beaten a better team. Oklahoma State came into Columbia as a double digit underdog and stuffed Mizzou's high power offense 28-23. The Cowboys forced three Chase Daniel interceptions in the second half and allowed the Tigers to convert only two of nine third downs all evening. With the loss the Tigers fall to 5-1 and number 11 in the AP poll.

Oklahoma State is very good and may be good enough to win the Big XII conference. I hope the Tigers can win the North division and play the Cowboys again the first weekend of December.

The Tigers now prepare for the newly #1 ranked Texas Longhorns this Saturday in Austin. Texas got there by knocking off the former number one Oklahoma Sooners in the "Red River Rivalry" game yesterday afternoon 45-35.

No comments: