November 28, 2008

I am Thankful

This is a day late, but I have so much for which to be thankful. Number one on my list is family. We were able to get together yesterday at my Mother's home with 14 people in and out the door at various times. Without family I would be lost. From the generation before me to my siblings and in-laws, their children and their children I am so glad to call them all family.

I am thankful for the brave men and women of our armed forces who are serving our nation overseas at this difficult time. They are my heroes. To them I owe a debt of gratitude that I can never repay. So to them I say may God keep you out of harm's way and bring you home safely. I also pray that God changes the hearts of world leaders so there might be peace and you return home sooner than later.

I am also thankful for my:

-health
-many friends
-good neighbors who are so generous. I have written of them before but D&V and G&H are always so kind to me. D&V fed me breakfast Wednesday morning before we headed out to play golf and let me tell you; D can cook. The homemade biscuits were awesome!
-Church and church family
-My country; this is slightly redundant, but I can think of no where else I would rather live even with the many domestic problems we face this year
-job; yes, I know I complain about it, but I am truly blessed to have a good job in a tough economic time that I really enjoy going to everyday and that they pay me to do.
-my home; I take it for granted. But, it is always dry and warm and more than I deserve.
-my car; it's a year old now, but I still think it is the best I have ever had and still love to get in and drive it.
-second job; one that let's me pick the hours I want to work and that is also easy
-hope for the future; this may sound strange but I still have half of my 401k and IRAs. I could complain but that is still a lot more than those less fortunate.

For all of these I say thank you God! You have blessed me so much more richly than I have ever deserved!

No comments: