November 04, 2008

Something I've Been Wanting to Write

In all of the hoopla of the campaign and being on call for the past several weeks I have been remiss in blogging about one of my favorite things...good beer!

My annual favorite from Schlafly Brewing in St. Louis, Hop Harvest, has come and gone. It's brewed as Oregon Hops ripen and then dry hopped. It makes for a very high IBU, but oh is it "drinkable". (By,the way, since when does Anheuser-Busch know anything about drinkability)? This year's batch may have been the best ever.

A new favorite is Charleville's Tornado Alley Amber Ale. My good neighbors H&G went on a road trip and served it at their last get together. Charleville is made in a small town about an hour south of St. Louis. It was the first time I had heard of the brewery and the brew master certainly knows his stuff. This Ale has a reddish color and finished nicely. It comes in a 21.5 ounce bottle.

No comments: