February 03, 2009

Congratulations to the Steelers

I'm a little tardy in posting this but congratulations to the Pittsburgh Steelers on their come from behind win over the Arizona Cardinals! I had cheered for the Big Red as I posted on Sunday, and was disappointed the Cardinal defense gave up the final touchdown without much time to play. But, the Steelers made the plays they needed and deserved to win.

The intercepted pass by James Harrison near at the end of the first half was obviously the key to the ballgame. Again, the Steelers made a big play that influenced the outcome of the game.

In my book this is one of the best Super Bowls ever. And, I have seen every one of them starting with the Packers and Chiefs in 1967. (I was in eighth grade). In my book the 2000 Super Bowl (XXXIV) won by the Rams over the Titans is the best ever. That was the game that ended with Michael Jones making "The Tackle" on the Rams one yard line to preserve the victory.

No comments: