September 12, 2009

I Won't Be Going Back Here Soon

I stopped by Highland Brewing last night for a couple of pops. The brewpub was formerly known as Alandale Brewing and is located in Kirkwood. I sampled the IPA and it is good. Nicely hopped as IPA's should be. I would drink the beer again if I planned on going back to this place. But, the service is atrocious and I don't mean the bartender.

The hostess is stupid. I don't know if they hired her for her looks or she is someone's relative. I was at an outside table drinking my beer and reading the Riverfront Times while waiting for friends to join me. I got up to used the uh, facilities and when I came back my table was occupied by three strangers I had never before seen in my life and my beer and the newspaper were gone. I let her have it and told her I wanted my table back and the items replaced. The Queen of the Bimbos responded by saying I thought you had left. What was particularly infuriating was I had told the dummy I would be back in a few minutes when I walked into the building.

If this is the type of service the newly named brewpub plans to offer, I urge you to stay as far away as possible.

No comments: