November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011...Come and Almost Gone

This weekend has flown by to say the least. Seems as if I was just walking out of the office on Wednesday afternoon, looking forward to two days off. Thanksgiving with the family involved me smoking the Turkey outside on the Weber. Inside we had all of the trimmings including a fresh baked Cherry Pie. It was a lot of work but it was a lot of fun to spend time with family.

Friday was just the opposite. Very laid back with nothing on the agenda and my butt wasn't anywhere near a shopping center or strip mall. Ugh, I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would want to get in with all of that pushing and shoving for Christmas gifts. Nope, I spent my time watching football, drinking beer and eating leftover Turkey sandwiches like you're supposed to.

Saturday was another quiet day watching football and relaxing. I was pleased to see my Missouri Tigers beat Kansas 24-10. The Tigers ended the regular season at 7-5 and are now awaiting a bowl game invite.

And today the Saint Louis Rams played as expected and lost to a bad Arizona Cardinals team. The final was 23-20. Some things just don't change, including going back to work in the morning.

No comments: