October 25, 2021

2021 World Series

I really could care less who wins this best of seven series.  First off the two best teams in baseball for the past six months aren't present.  It would have been nice to see the San Francisco Giants and Tampa Bay Rays battle for the top spot in baseball.  But, the addition of playoffs has bastardized the World Series.  Instead it will be the Houston Astros and the Atlanta Braves.

I won't be watching any of the games from start to finish because I don't care to invest four hours in a game.  Then multiply that by up to seven depending on the number of games that are played.  No thanks.  I have a life and if Major League Baseball (MLB) really wanted me to watch, the games would start about 4 p.m. where I live in the central time zone.  But, baseball has to show them in primetime for the FOX TV network which has literally millions of dollars wrapped up in rights payments to MLB.

I won't have much to say about the games outside of writing about them the same way I have the past couple of years.  I will be keeping track of the time of the games since they are very long and frequently become incredibly boring.  Based on the last two seasons my guess is the average length of game for this series will be about three hours and 30 minutes.  Time will tell.  Check back here after each game for an update.


No comments: