May 31, 2005

Life Is Good

It was a long but good Memorial Day weekend. Lots of work on the house and yard and lots of food and drink. The gutters are clean again and all of the Ivy that had covered the garage has been ripped down. (Now the need for it to be painted can be seen again). And the yard has been mowed. All that is left is to get the trees and hedges trimmed. There is a large Elm tree in the back yard with branches now hanging out over the neighbors yard that has to be taken care of and I can't do it myself since it is so big. So, I have started calling the tree trimming companies in the area asking for bids. Always a lot of fun. But, I can take care of the hedges in front of the house and they definitely need to be trimmed back but not today. Went to dinner with long time friends on Friday and then went to a barbecue with more long time friends on Saturday. Took it easy on Sunday, and then had the immediate family over for a barbecue yesterday. The ribs were awesome if I don't say so, but then I am an awesome que chef! Just ask! Also during the course of the weekend I had a chance to reflect on what Memorial Day means and when you think of all the lives lost in the wars this country has fought in, it is very sobering. Look at the 16 hundred who have now died in Iraq. My heart goes out to their loved ones.

I just got back from lunch with the neighbor across the street H. We went to a German restaurant in the burbs, but there really wasn't much German on the menu. So I went with a Catfish sandwich that was terrific. And you want to know what made lunch really good. Two Boulevard Un-filtered Wheat beers. There is something about drinking during the day and especially on a week day that makes it taste even better. I hope those bums I work with are busting their butts today while I am out playing and drinking beer. Oh well, I am now off to play golf at one of my favorite courses. So today you can see why life is good!

No comments: