June 23, 2005

SBC wants your information!

I get home from work and what do I find. A bulk rate letter from the phone company telling me they are going to share my "proprietary network information" with their other business enterprises.

My response is hell no you aren't giving out my personal info to your other flunky companies. So, I tried to call their toll free number like nine times in a row and got a busy signal. Gee do you think some rocket scientist marketing type decided to set up one phone number and all of the company's customer have to go through that one number to stop this private information sharing? Can you say "yes".

But, you know what really sucks. The phone company can behave boorishly like this, because Congress put the burden of proof on the customer to have to manually opt out, rather than making the big corporation get my permission. Nice job Congress!

No comments: