August 05, 2006

Some Random Thoughts

It's kind of humorous to me that even though it's been 100 degrees plus everyday this week in Saint Louis and other Midwest cities, all of a sudden the heat wave is a big news story now that it has hit New York and Washington. Yeah, I guess all the people in the East are more important than the millions of us that out number them in the Midwest.

To me it's a real who cares about the Mel Gibson story. If a guy in California wants to get drunk and rip on Jewish people that's his business. I really don't think anyone outside of LA or New York really gives two hoots.

What's wrong with the Cardinals? They have lost eight in a row for the second time this season. It's not the management doing anything any different. The players have stopped hitting and the pitchers for the Birds can't get anyone out. Is it possible there is dissension on the team?

And finally to the police car that pulled up behind me in a construction zone and honked for me to get out of his way..."what the heck were you thinking". As this moron from the Creve Couer police department came around me I noticed he was out of his jurisdiction. In addition, if he was in his own little municipality he should have had his emergency lights turned on. He almost caused an accident. I hate asshole cops.

I reached my goal this week in my weight loss plan. I am now at 210 pounds which is exactly 78 pounds less than I weight on January third of this year. My goal now is to keep it off.