August 20, 2006

Why I hate Tiger

Normally, I would tell the winner of the PGA tournament congratulations. After all it is one of the four major tournaments of the year. But, Tiger Woods won today and I have no respect for this guy. He is all about himself based on what I have watched, listened to and read for the past six or seven years. And the coverage of golf has changed in this country, particularly on the CBS network, where the tournaments are now all about Tiger.

Is he a great athlete? Yes. Is he a good ball striker, Yes. Is he a good shot maker? No not really. But, is he a humble and compassionate human being? Again based on what I have observed, no I don't think so.

He is an Asian/African American who is all about Tiger. So, Tiger let's hope that if you really want to do something good you can contribute to the Ryder Cup team this year and work with your team mates rather than being concerned about yourself.