June 11, 2007

Direct TV Strikes Again

I have had yet another interesting weekend dealing with the morons at DirecTV.

When I got home from vacation a week ago, my DVR/receiver would not work with the remote control. So DirecTV told me they would send out a technician at no charge, to swap out the equipment and put in a new one. I opted for a visit from between eight a.m. and noon.

Well you guessed it. DirecTV's tech did not show up in the four hour time frame. So, I called the idiots and they said he would be out in the next half hour. 90 minutes passed and still no tech to fix the problem. So, I called back, went through all of the queues again, and was told the same thing. "A tech will be there within 30 minutes". Yeah, and my aunt Minnie is the Queen of Spain.

Two more hours pass and finally, about 3:30 a DirecTV rep shows up and swaps out the box. I asked him why he was late. He said he had five calls including two complete installs that he had to complete between eight and noon and that I was in a different area than the rest of his calls, so he decided to schedule me last. He then swapped out the box and was on his way in about ten minutes.

This morning I went out to the DirecTV web site to check and see if a rebate I applied for eight weeks ago has started to process yet. It hasn't and I am still being stuck with a monthly payment of ten dollars more than I agreed to at the time of sale. But, I will deal with this in another posting. The thing I discovered this morning is that DirecTV charged me $70.00 for a service call and another $49.98 for equipment plus three dollars tax for their little 10 minute visit on Saturday. This is after I specifically asked their rep if I would be charged. And her response was "No...your equipment is still under warranty". Gee, DirecTV do you just like screwing with people to make them keep your "customer service" reps busy? I hope they are able to resolve this quickly, but based on their track record to date, I am not expecting much help. I will keep you updated.

No comments: