October 21, 2007

It wasn't as bad as I expected

I just bought a brand new car. It's something that in the past I have detested because of having to deal with some real low life salesmen. But, this car buying experience turned out to be fairly pleasant.

I bought a brand new '08 Chevrolet Impala from a dealer just south of the metropolitan area. I got a pretty good deal on the car and I only visited three dealers, drove four cars and dealt with four sales reps.

The guy who sold me this brand new car, S, was knowledgeable and didn't pressure me for the sale. I wanted a little more from the dealer for my car but S told me he couldn't budge any more and that "he wasn't into playing games". I believed him and bought the car. The other dealer I visited had an '08 Toyota Camry. But, he just couldn't get the price down to what I was willing to pay. The new Chevy is Metallic Silver and it is the first brand new car I have bought in over 20 years. (I decided to buy the new one rather than a factory car or one a year old). I am very happy with it after four days of driving including a trip to Columbia yesterday for the Mizzou football game.

No comments: